Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Late night...every night

We've been here in the Netherlands for almost two weeks now.  Time is flying.  What doesn't fly is every. Single. Night.  I've been up almost every night with E until about 2-4 in the morning.  T and I know that we need to get her back on a schedule, but we have no clue how to do that.  I'm not sure if we should start waking her up from sleeping and naps during the day to possibly better the chances that she'll be sleepy enough around bedtime or not.  It doesn't help that by morning I'm still spent from all the nights not sleeping, that I just want so desperately to catch up on my sleep as well.  With all the late nights and late mornings, I can't even get myself on a schedule.  For instance, last night I finally managed to get E to stay asleep around 2:30/3 AM.  She and I woke up (after a feeding or two and a bit of sleepy fussing) around noon.  At noon we nursed for a half hour, spent some quality smiling and laughing time on the changing table (E LOVES lying on the changing pad.  It's odd, but SO adorable), changed a diaper, and the I gave her a much needed bath.  Around 1:15 PM I brought her downstairs, sat her in her swing and watched her nod off to sleep around 1:30.  I felt a little bad about her sleeping again, but I REALLY needed to shower and eat something.  T was busy all morning walking the dog and cleaning up the house.

Any suggestions on how to go about getting a two month old on a manageable and realistic schedule?  And is there any hope on this mama ever sleeping again?

The last time I feel like I got some quality sleepy
(Yes, that's me in 1987)

No comments:

Post a Comment