Friday, August 16, 2013

Identity

I'm very new to blogging.  I started reading blogs last year.  Nowadays I tend to stick to reading mommy blogs, as I'm not interested in fashion or cooking so much.  I have about five blogs I read religiously, I follow these women on Instagram.  As I read blogs by women who's main focus is about the trials and triumphs of motherhood, I tend to look at them as my girlfriends.  I pretend that I can call them up and we'd plan a playdate and talk about how our record of diapers we've changed in a day (mine's about 20...is that common?!) and vent to one another about how the men in our lives don't quite understand how much mental and physical energy goes into nursing our babies.  We'd also talk about the latest celebrity dramas, like will Amanda turn things around and make a She's the Man 2?  Or will Prince George end up with William or Kate's hair or lack-there-of?  Okay, I obviously spend too much time alone to come up with such elaborate daydreams. 

I began writing this blog just a few weeks ago.  Deciding the identity of this blog has yet to work itself out.  This blog is called Becoming Mama V, so obviously it's about me and my journey of motherhood.  Thing is, Mama V is more than just a mother.  I'm a young woman who is experiencing motherhood at the very same time as I'm experiencing moving to a new country, planning a wedding, and growing up.    I'm inspired by the blogs that I read, but I don't want to be a copycat.  I'm still deciding on how much of myself I want to put out there.  Will I post pictures of E?  Will I share my Instagram account on here?  I feel like I've just started dating the blogosphere and I'm waiting for him to call me back after our first date.  So I guess we'll just have to see where this goes and what it transforms into.

So, time for the list making because lists help me feel organized.  (Yes, I'm one of those people.)

Who am I?

  • A mother
  • A fiancee
  • An ex-Pat
  • A young adult
  • An introvert
  • A lefty
  • An artist
  • A list maker
  • A runner
  • A procrastinator
  • A teacher
What do I want?
  • To be the best mother to E
  • To inspire
  • To grow
  • To better myself
  • To accomplish what's on my To-Do lists
  • To learn
What do I want to accomplish with this blog?
  • To connect with at least one person
  • To put myself out there
  • To tell my story

No comments:

Post a Comment