Thursday, August 1, 2013

Goodbye and Hallo!

We made it.  We survived a five hour flight, an hour and a half layover, and an hour flight, plus all the waiting at Boston Logan and airplane taxi-ing.  The move is officially over.  When will it all actually begin to sink in?  Becoming a mother hasn't even sunk in yet and E will be seven weeks on Saturday!  AHH!

Let's back up a few days.  Sunday my dad came up from Virginia to help me with my move.  We pretty much packed and cleaned up and out of there from Sunday to Wednesday.  That's right, I can pack up and throw away my life in just a few short days.  In the end we took three car loads of bags and boxes to the Goodwill, donated a carload plus 6 garbage bags to a donation box, and a car load of items for my dad to return to Virginia for safekeeping.

I think I did a pretty awesome job about not losing my shit in the process.  I only had one breakdown on Sunday, but a call to my mom put me back together.  I didn't cry saying any of my goodbyes.  Not that there's anything wrong about crying, but I prefer to keep the waterworks to a minimum and to myself.  I got to see a few friends and the majority of my MA family before heading out which was really nice.  I even got a last minute phone call from my little brother.

Fast forward to today...I don't even know what day or time it is anymore.  Jet lag is a real pain for me.  E's jet lag/completely screwed up sense of time/inability to adjust immediately to the move is the biggest pain for me.  I like to think I can deal with next to no sleep, extreme allergies upon arriving at my new abode and a life altering move, but doing that with a newborn is a WHOLE other story.  How can a mom not be at her breaking point?  It's now 3:40 AM on Friday (NL time) and I've been up since before 11:00 AM on Wednesday (NL time).  We were given a wonderfully warm welcome into the country by almost all of T's family.  I managed to get almost everything unpacked and most things where I think I want them.  E's room is looking awesome if I do say so myself!

I'm at the point where I just might be crashing in here with her tonight.  She's managed to sleep about 20 minutes in the past four hours I've been trying to get her to bed.  It's now 4 AM.  It's been a VERY long four hours.  I've lost count of how many diapers I've changed, the number of rocking positions I've tried, and the amount of tissues I've used to blow my nose because of allergies...

BREAKING NEWS: E just pooped herself to sleep.  Should I dare move her to her crib?  I'm so scared!

UPDATE:  I changed her stinky self and she's wide awake again... at 4 IN THE MORNING!

This post needs a list.
What I'm going to miss about home:
-Target
-mountains
-being able to understand what the majority of people are saying on the train
-being able to call/text my family and friends
-Taco Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment