Wednesday, July 24, 2013

One week left

I have one week left in the States before our big move to the Netherlands.  I am horrified, stressed out, and scared shitless.  Then there's the brief moment where I allow myself to take a breath and get excited.  I think about all the new things I'll get to do and experience over there.  I've moved several times in the past five years, but this is another chance for me to start anew.  Five years ago I moved to the 'burbs outside of Boston and for the past three years have lived even closer and the past two years have worked in the heart of the city.  At 21, I thought it was time for a dramatic life change and I could and would reinvent myself.  I barely knew anyone so it would have been the perfect opportunity to be the person I didn't feel I could be back at home.  I did change a bit and had lots of time to learn more about myself, grow up a lot, and become my own person.  Some of the things I've always hated about myself remained the same and I didn't work on them, but that's okay.  I'm hoping that with this next move I'll be able to grow even more and continue to work on my faults and strengthen the things I like about myself.

But now I'm moving to a whole new place, a new country, a new continent!  And this time I'm moving my family.  I'm five years older.  I have a baby.  I'm about to have a husband.  Whoa!  

Things I'd like to do in the Netherlands:
-Travel around Europe (OK, so it's not necessarily IN the Netherlands, but whatever...)
-ride/own a bicycle (haven't been on one in over 15 years)
-visit the tulip fields when they are in full bloom (do the pictures really do these flowers justice?)
-go horseback riding (I'm terrified of horses and have never even touched the creature)
-learn Dutch (my number one priority once we get there)
-make running a priority (free therapy!)
-get to know T's family better (since they will be my family, too)
-stay connected with my family via Skype (hoping to build stronger relationships with many of them)
-make tompouce (a Dutch pastry...SO good!)
-take a family vacation ANYWHERE

*Apologies for the very scatter brained posts, it's super hot, I have baby brain, and am super stressed...so my thoughts are all over the place.


No comments:

Post a Comment