Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Here and now

In exactly 8 days from now we'll be taking off.  We'll be leaving everything I know and beginning our life together.  My fiancé, T, my newborn daughter, E, and I will be on our way to the Netherlands.  There is so much to get done in the next week (I must get it done in seven days or less because I know I'll be a hot mess on my last day.)

Things to get done before take off:
-cancel car insurance
-apply for a new birth certificate
-cancel cell phone
-pay bills
-officially quit my job
-cancel health insurance
-make my 6 week Dr's appointment
-pack my life into a couple of suitcases
-get rid of what doesn't it into the above mentioned suitcases
-visit with everyone I can to say goodbye

That is an overwhelming list.  I'm hoping that this blog will help me maintain what little bit of sanity might remain with me through this new volume of my life story.  In a span of four months (June-September) I had a baby, I'll be moving to another continent, and I'll be getting married.  What other huge life changes can occur?  This is all very scary, exciting, stressful, and unbelievable.  I'd like to be able to share my journey- struggles, triumphs, failures, joys, and fears included.  For once, I'm going to let people in and experience life with me.  It's a time of great change, so might as well let some walls down and expose myself.

My back story:
If you happen to read this and don't already know me here's some facts about me:
-I enjoy making lists and plan to make a few during posts
-I'm the middle child of seven
-Born and raised in Virginia
-Spent the past five years living around Boston, MA
-Occupation: Preschool teacher
-My baby girl, E, is five and a half weeks old now
-Getting married to T at the end of September
-Moving to T's home in the Netherlands
-I'm a very private person

What I'd like to achieve with this blog:
-Keep a written record of life happenings
-Connect with people- mothers, teachers, young women, ex-pats, Dutchies
-Cheap therapy

I'll end the lists for this post and well as end the post.  E's waking up- after only 30 minutes of sleeping at bedtime!  AH!  She was doing so well with sleeping through the night.  Fingers crossed T and I get some sleep tonight.

Goedenavond (good night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment